For 10 years, Gaëlle Leroy has been a lawyer in competition, distribution, intellectual property and information technology law with the law firm Fidal in Le Mans.
In 2009, she became a partner and had been in charge of the management the Intellectual Property - Information Technology department of the firm, for developing and promoting this expertise on the Sarthe territory, and to take part, nation-wide, to the firm’s strategic decisions on this practice
In October 2013, she is the cofounder, together with Pierre-Lucas Thirion and Marie-Liesse Emo-Brioist, of the law firm LEXT.
She works for key-account clients and for start-ups in various economic sectors (health, agro-food industries, automobile, sport, personal services, supermarket distribution, cosmetics, toys, editing, film production, computing, e-commerce, etc.)
She assists her clients both in counseling and litigation matters.
Gaëlle is also a mediator, certified and recognized by the CMAP (Center for Mediation and Arbitration of Paris), and a mediator before the Angers Court of Appeals.
Her English proficiency and her foreign contacts allow her to assist international clients.
- Intellectual and industrial property
- Information Technology
- Digital law
- Personal data
- Consumer law
- Commercial law
- Settlement of litigations, mediation
- Poitiers Law School
- Masters 2 Competition and Distribution (University of Maine)
- Masters 1 Business Law (University of Rennes 1)
- Member of the editorial team in charge of the French legal encyclopedia "Lamy Droit Economique 2018" and of its update for the 2019, 2020 and 2021 editions.
- "A limited recognition of Article L.442-6 of the Commercial Code (former numbering of said Code) as an International Public Order Rule", published in Revue Lamy de la Concurrence, November 2020.
- "The judicial review of the price on the basis of the legal concept of significant lack of balance that is set forth in the French commercial code complies with the French Constitution", published in Revue Lamy de la concurrence, March 2019.
- "The legal concept of significant lack of balance allows a judicial review of the price agreed between the parties", published in Revue Lamy Droit des Affaires, April 2017.
- Founding member of the mediation platform WIN WIN FATUM
- Speaker/participant in "La Ruche Numérique"
- Vendor referenced by the INPI (French IP authority) for performing pre-diagnoses
- Data protection officer
- Sarthe ambassador